Career Advisor Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
$22 – $25/hour
The Success Center SF (SC) is a non-profit corporation founded in 1983 by Superior Court Judges who saw the need to improve the educational and vocational outcomes for the for youth engaged in the juvenile justice and foster care systems. Since then, SC has grown to provide comprehensive workforce development and education services to youth and adults who face multiple barriers to career development. SC envisions a vibrant and just society that inspires individual transformation, and understands the key role that workforce development plays in creating meaningful and productive lives.
The Career Advisor provides intakes and career assessments, job readiness training, job placement and coaching, and related assistance to eligible adults, seniors, youth and dislocated workers. Program sites may include working inside detention centers and alternative education facilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to access/interpret labor market information
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, and an understanding of client database systems
- Understands the special employment needs of diverse groups. Is able to adapt materials and services to address these needs
- Strong customer service skills
- Respects and has knowledge of cultures, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientations and age groups other than one’s own, able to work effectively with all.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to SC’s mission.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct orientations (individual and group), intakes and career assessments with job-seekers and develop Individual Employment Plans (IEPs) for each participant.
- Coordinate referrals to employers, workforce programs, training opportunities and other placements, and to case managers as needed.
- Provide follow-up job coaching to ensure retention in placements.
- Data Entry – input/submit clients to platforms used by SC, WFC, Casebook, GMS, CMS, etc.
- Attend monthly Career Advisor meetings to discussed caseloads
- Attend weekly check in with Supervisor
- Attend monthly Job Huddles
- Provide job-readiness training (JRT), individually and group, on topics such as resume writing, mock interviewing, etc.
- Facilitate peer support groups for program participants
- Maintain timely, accurate documentation in program logs and client files
- Conduct all activities in accordance with SC and OEWD performance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with one-year direct experience in Workforce Development desired
- Experience with employment and job readiness training
- Access to reliable transportation to travel to various Bay Area locations
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Success Centers values inclusivity and honors differences in race/ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic level, gender identification and sexual orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.